Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » remote connecting oracle and MS Access
remote connecting oracle and MS Access [message #54513] Wed, 20 November 2002 07:20 Go to next message
rena
Hello,

I want to create a trigger in an Oracle9i database which when an insertion is made through a java application in a table of this database,the same insertion is made in the same table in an MS Access database with exactly the same tables.

The MS Access and the Oracle database are not in the same machine.
I have read how i can "connect" the two databases using heterogeneous services that oracle9i server offers and generic connectiviety but i have some problems:

When i am trying to test the connection
using fro example a select statement:
select * from PRODUCT@mylink;

where mylink is the name of the database link i have created I am getting the error:

ORA-12154:TNS:Could not resolve service name

Trying to find what's wrong i am wondering if the host sepicified in my entry in tnsnames.ora file is the host where oracle is installed or the one MS Access is installed?

I would be greatfull if someone could help me to find where is the error?

Thanks
rena
Re: remote connecting oracle and MS Access [message #54516 is a reply to message #54513] Wed, 20 November 2002 07:56 Go to previous message
B
Ur tns entry is probably incorrect !
Previous Topic: Increase the maximum limit for table and column names in Oracle 9i
Next Topic: PK Index on different TableSpace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:50:48 CDT 2024