Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle 8i disk 2 not recognized
oracle 8i disk 2 not recognized [message #56263] Fri, 14 March 2003 12:33 Go to next message
Teresa
hi there

I'm installing oracle 8170 on solaris and is requesting disk #2 which we have on the cdrom, I have no clue why is doing this. it says Please insert oracle8i disk2 into your disk drive or specify an alternative location, well I do have disk 2 and is not recognized and I don't know how to specify a different location.
Please help me
Thanks
Teresa
Re: oracle 8i disk 2 not recognized [message #56284 is a reply to message #56263] Mon, 17 March 2003 04:20 Go to previous message
psmyth
if you have cd #2 loaded in the drive, try copying the entire cd onto a filesystem on the server - this will determine if the cd is readable. If that works successfully, then there really isn't any reason why oracle should have a problem... but you could try 'specifying the different location'... click on the two dots (..) repeatedly to get the filesystem list window to show the root filesystem (/), and then follow the path to where you copied the cd to... not sure if that makes sense to you or not... shout if it doesn't help ;-)

If you can't copy the cd, then its unreadable for some reason. Try reloading it in the drive just in case its not seated properly, otherwise, get a new copy of cd2, and if thats not going to happen quicky enough for you, you can download the software from www.oracle.com - you'll have to stop your installation and start again though as the downloadable files aren't split the same way as the cd version.

good luck!
Previous Topic: Oracle 9i and Forms Builder 6 connection trouble
Next Topic: Urgent! Increase memory.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:48:37 CDT 2024