Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » installation of oracle 8i and forms 6
installation of oracle 8i and forms 6 [message #56651] Mon, 14 April 2003 22:51 Go to next message
Venu
hi
i have installed oralce 8i and forms6. but when i am connecting to forms , it is giving the error that unable to connect to tns destination.
even in oracle also i am able to connect with user and pwd as system/manager but not with tns service.

i have edited the tnsnames.ora file and copied the same tns names.ora in forms6 path also. but still not able to connect.

the main problem is i dont have net work card on my machine.in that case tcp protocal will work.?

plz mail me
what modifications has to be done in tnsnames. ora and how to connect in forms also.
reply to my id degvenu@yahoo.com asap.

warm rgds
Venu
Re: installation of oracle 8i and forms 6 [message #56723 is a reply to message #56651] Sat, 19 April 2003 14:13 Go to previous message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Hello,
If both DB & Forms are on the same machine, then not a problem with NW card. All u need to do is configure Forms also Using the Net 8 assistant that comes with Forms install ....then u will be able to connect...
check it out..

sai
Previous Topic: ora-01034 Automatic starting multiple instance / db's
Next Topic: Latches in Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:29:41 CDT 2024