Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Unexplained Import Problem
Unexplained Import Problem [message #57711] Tue, 01 July 2003 09:13 Go to next message
N.A. Jam
Good wishes to all...

Oracle version: 8.1.7.3
Platform: Windows 2000
Size of dump file: 5 Gigs

Import reports this repeating message on one table when importing it for the whole schema:
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("OWNER"."TABLE"."COLUMN")

Select from the table shows no nulls.

Retried to import just for this one table was a success. That proves that the error message was wrong. Could it be a bug? One bug of the same nature was reported but was not resolved.

If anyone have some sort of explanation and possibly a solution, may I kindly ask you to provide that information. It will be very helpful and will be very very much appreciated.

Help. Thanks in advance.
Re: Unexplained Import Problem [message #57713 is a reply to message #57711] Tue, 01 July 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
check your dual table.
it may be corrupt...
Re: Unexplained Import Problem [message #57714 is a reply to message #57713] Tue, 01 July 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N.A. Jam
Thanks Mahesh for your reply.

The DUAL table appears valid (as stated in DBA_OBJECTS). Selecting from it did not give me any messages. It would have if it was corrupt, right?

Export would have also given some indication of the state of the table. Our export was clean.

If there is any other way of checking corruption that you would suggest, let me know.

Thanks again.
Re: Unexplained Import Problem [message #57739 is a reply to message #57714] Wed, 02 July 2003 20:11 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
dual is an one column one record table.
check whether it is having exactly one record.
check this in both target and source db.
and...is there a bug related to this?
if so, please post the bug number..

Previous Topic: Unable to connect to Oracle
Next Topic: v$parameter values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:38:12 CDT 2024