Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Running ORDS standalone (ORDS 20.x)
Running ORDS standalone [message #683025] Thu, 26 November 2020 07:32 Go to next message
John Watson
Recently I have always deployed ORDS to a Tomcat container. However, Oracle has supported running ORDS standalone (ie, deployed to the Jetty container that is shipped within ORDS) for some time now. I've run some simple load tests using Jmeter, and it seems to me that standalone and Tomcat deployments perform about the same.

Does anyone have any experience of using ORDS standalone on a production site? Or an opinion on why they would or would not use it?

My own (highly unscientific) opinion is that I would prefer to stay with what I know (ie, Tomcat), but I can see the attraction of standalone: it means one less component in the tech stack to manage.
Re: Running ORDS standalone [message #683140 is a reply to message #683025] Tue, 08 December 2020 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
We went for it: ORDS standalone, running on two VMs fronted with Apache reverse proxies, a load balancer, and a Web Application Firewall. All on OCI. I'm pleased with it so far.
Had a bit of trouble getting it to run with appropriate Java options as a systemd service, but that was because I'm not a top-notch SysAdmin. There is a lot one could learn about Jetty, at a minimunm you need to configure access logging which you don't get by default, I followed this article, http://krisrice.io/2017-01-12-how-to-add-ncsa-style-access-log-to/

[Updated on: Tue, 08 December 2020 04:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running ORDS standalone [message #683226 is a reply to message #683140] Wed, 16 December 2020 21:42 Go to previous message
culligandxb
Hi John,

Did you managed to get the solution. I have the same issue like you . i have ORDS on standalong jetty server on Azure using Appication gateway. Now i want to use some kind of authentication.
Let me know if you have any reference or steps.

Previous Topic: Securing Rest API using ORDS
Next Topic: Running two releases of ORDS concurrently
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:36:24 CDT 2024