Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Archiving Log Mode
Archiving Log Mode [message #59449] Fri, 21 November 2003 05:01 Go to next message
Dhiren Patel
Hi

I want to make my database in Archive Mode.Can be tell details information regarding the settings of parameter that can affect archiving.so please tell me as soon as possible.i don't want to know about log_archive_start,log_archive_dest...I want to know the parameter that can affect the archiving.Waiting for positive response
Re: Archiving Log Mode [message #59452 is a reply to message #59449] Fri, 21 November 2003 05:46 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Well those parameter on which u dont want any comments play an important role in archiving. Apart of them u can use LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESSES to automatically start the no of archiving processes, LOG_ARCHIVE_FORMAT to set the naming convention of ur archiving files, LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_N to copy the archive file at on of the remote server, LOG_ARCHIVE_MIN_SUCCEED_DEST to specify the no of archive places that must contain the copy of redo files at the time of archiving, LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST to keep an another copy of ur archive files whith this option u can have only 2 copies of the archive files on local machine and with LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_N u can specify upto 10 places, LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_STATE_N to specify that this location is mandatory or optional same as LOG_ARCHIVE_MIN_SUCCEED_DEST in LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST environment.

I hope it will help u a lot.

Thanx.
Previous Topic: How to determine is a rollback is hung or not
Next Topic: a question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:22:07 CDT 2024