Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » bcv copy -> duplicate rows prim key
bcv copy -> duplicate rows prim key [message #59497] Thu, 27 November 2003 01:14
Jeroen
Hi,

When I issue an alter table move statement and afterwards an alter index rebuild for the primary key on this table I got an error duplicate rows found. This primary key is unique.

The database has just been migrated for test purposes. In production we are still on oracle 7.3.4.

I found the offending rows by validating into an exceptions table. When I compared these with
production it didn’t exist there. I turned out that these records were updated during the time of copying the database. This database is on EMC Symmetrix and the copy has been made through a bcv. Before starting the bcv all tablespaces are put into backup mode and then a split is done through EMC software to get a copy.

About 20 seconds before the update in the table the tablespace has been put into backup mode and 40 seconds

after the update the tablespaces are brought back to normal.

Besides a hotbackup to tape we use this bcv regularly to copy databases so this behaviour is starting to worry me.

Any idea what might be going wrong here?

Regards,

Jeroen

Details:

Production : HP-UX 10.20, Oracle 7.3.4.3, Symmetrix 3330

Test: HP-UX 11.11 , Oracle 9.2.0.4
Previous Topic: rename a database??????
Next Topic: Maximum Number of Active Instances
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:36:44 CDT 2024