Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Cannot view source code
Cannot view source code [message #125500] Mon, 27 June 2005 02:03 Go to next message
bluebeta
Hi,

I have installed Oracle Forms Developer 6i Release 2. Unfortunately, I cannot open the source file to view the source code.

The source files have the extension .fmx and .rep. Is it these are souce file? Or I need other oracle product to view these files.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Best Regards,
Andrene
Re: Cannot view source code [message #125503 is a reply to message #125500] Mon, 27 June 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Oracle Forms source files are FMB files and Reports source files are RDF. The FMX and REP are the respective runtime files. In the normal scheme of things, they can NOT be edited and changed.

David
Re: Cannot view source code [message #125608 is a reply to message #125500] Tue, 28 June 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bluebeta
Thank for your reply.

So, with these compiled forms, how should I run them? I use Oracle 6i Forms Runtime to run them. But got error. The error is "Forms was created by an old version of form builder."

How should i solve these error and get the form run. Should I get the source file and compile again?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Best Regards,
Andrene
Re: Cannot view source code [message #125610 is a reply to message #125608] Tue, 28 June 2005 01:06 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The forms were probably built using Forms 4.5 or 5.

Yes ... get the source code and compile then again. Unfortunately, you may have some difficulties with this action as there are some things that may need to be changed before they will compile. My suggestion is to try it and see what happens.

This forum can help you with these issues if and when they arise.

David
Previous Topic: Connecting Forms 5i with Oracle 9i
Next Topic: Unable to save entry in form 3.0 due to access problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:22:55 CDT 2024