Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Questions in Form 6i builder  () 1 Vote
icon5.gif  Questions in Form 6i builder [message #125806] Wed, 29 June 2005 05:15 Go to next message
leoce
How can i create parent and child form?
Re: Questions in Form 6i builder [message #125912 is a reply to message #125806] Wed, 29 June 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Define two tables that have a parent - child relationship.

Create a new form, use the wizard to create a block based on the parent, then use the wizard again to create a block based on the child, and finally use the relation wizard to create a relation on the parent block.

Alternatively, read the book.

David
Re: Questions in Form 6i builder [message #125915 is a reply to message #125806] Wed, 29 June 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leoce
thanks mate,

I have another problem. I created a menu that will call forms. Is it possible to display only the runtime environment without a default form?. What can you advice?
Re: Questions in Form 6i builder [message #125917 is a reply to message #125915] Wed, 29 June 2005 21:46 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Basically, no.

Create a 'splash' screen from which to hang your menu, maybe show 'buttons' through which the user can navigate to other forms. This screen usually has a large logo on it as a graphic, the default menu, and the login validation code, and not much else. Oh, it is a 'good idea' to attach ALL your libraries to this screen so that the libraries are ALL loaded in the same ORDER everytime the application is started. I don't have the time to give a full explanation of the difficulties we had at a particular installation. "Just trust me!"

David
Previous Topic: diffrence between forms 6i and 9i
Next Topic: integrating query builder and forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:33:10 CDT 2024