Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » T List
T List [message #134703] Fri, 26 August 2005 05:10 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi . would like to ask a question.. about List.
Usually whether we fill the list programmatically or at design time with elements..
It looks like a Single Table with Borders around. .and not in between to seperate each element.

IS there any property in Oracle Forms.. which makes it like a grid type structure.
A line or Border to seperate elements as well ..

BR

Need some very early replies.. /

BR >.thanx alot for answering such simple question but i need it as this is the damn req of the company..

I have one solution which is to place text boxes close to each other so that it looks like a T List
with borders between the elemnts..

but it would be give if T List itself offers such things

BR

Re: T List [message #134895 is a reply to message #134703] Sun, 28 August 2005 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't think so.

Other gurus - please give your opinion.

David
Re: T List [message #134968 is a reply to message #134703] Mon, 29 August 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
well mr. orcl_dba

go to layout editor, select ur tlist and then from the above menu click the Underline button and then run the form...

it will seperate the elements by underlining them
regards,
Asim.
Re: T List [message #135080 is a reply to message #134968] Mon, 29 August 2005 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you mean the 'font style'?

David
Re: T List [message #135090 is a reply to message #134703] Mon, 29 August 2005 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Yes David
Re: T List [message #135127 is a reply to message #134703] Tue, 30 August 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orcl_dba
Hi i m extremely sory gentlemen but this is not the solution i m looking forward to.
Suppose if you vertically align 5, 6 text boxes very very close to each other, it also shows a style of list..

i want that style...

Is it possible in Forms 6i. Do we need to have any Active X control for that purpose...

IF yes then it will be good otherwise i have to place textboxes n try using scroll bar to those text boxes so that they look like a grid, but i dont know how to use scroll bars for 5 or 6 text boxes.. mean how to group them. .

Hoope you ppl get more clear pitctureo f the requirements..

This is a stupid requiremtent asked by the management , and i have to respond to these non techinical ppl .

BR

Re: T List [message #135132 is a reply to message #135127] Tue, 30 August 2005 01:51 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
With some users I would tell them 'if you want a VB look and feel then use VB, do you want the extra code written or do you want me to spend all my time time making it look instead of doing things'.

You could make a new canvas and window with the fields and scroll bar just the way you want it and when they press the LOV you pop-up the window, they scroll and select. I'm not sure how you want to return from this field - you could have two buttons, okay and cancel, just below these extra fields. Define these fields on another block (query only) so that you don't muck up your main block's logic.

David
Previous Topic: unable to install d2k
Next Topic: how to overide oracle prdefined errors in form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:23:06 CDT 2024