Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Change password
Change password [message #140447] Tue, 04 October 2005 05:11 Go to next message
SaraC
Hi there - have posted before - but noone had any answers so thought Id try again and explain differently. djmartin I tried the search and nothing similar came up.

Heres the problem

When I log into forms and password has expired, I have set up a user profile with a password verify function, to verify the new password being entered. When one of the verification rules is broken e.g. password is <8 characters I get an FRM 40735 Unhandled error returned to Forms - 06502. I cannot understand this as my verify function works exactly the same as the default Oracle one so why are the errors not handled properly - just to add some errors are handled - incorrect username/password and password cannot be reused errors.

I have a manual change password screen that can be used by the user any time they are logged in. And the same verification function works here and errors can be handled.

I have tried to bypass the default change password screen but cannot get the screen to call another form from an ON-ERROR trigger which is where the password expired error is raised.

Please help - getting really bogged down in this now and dont think I will be able to solve it!
Thx
Sara
Re: Change password [message #140598 is a reply to message #140447] Tue, 04 October 2005 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
At what level of your form do you have your ON-ERROR triggers?

Can you use 'begin ... condition ... end' logic 'around' your select statements (perhaps you should use explicit cursors instead of SELECT statements) and handle the no_rows_found message in your exceptions?

David
Re: Change password [message #140667 is a reply to message #140447] Wed, 05 October 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaraC
The on-error trigger is at the top level of the form.

Im not sure I understand what you mean - I dont have any selects.
This is what I want to happen

Begin
If error is 28001 - ie password expired then

disable Forms automatic change password screen

Open my own change password screen
end if;
end
Re: Change password [message #140839 is a reply to message #140667] Wed, 05 October 2005 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you placed message/pause pairs or alerts in your triggers to verify that you are IN the trigger? Do you KNOW that the call_form statement has been actioned? Does your new form try to use the user's current login information or does it use a fixed username/password? If it is trying to use the current user's permissions it will not work as the user is not logged in to the system.

Please response to each question and let us know which parts of your logic are being actioned and which are not.

David
Re: Change password [message #140910 is a reply to message #140447] Thu, 06 October 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaraC
Yes,

the on-error is in my first form/splash screen. I have trapped the password expire error in this on-error trigger.
and then try to do the call form - Im not sure if the form is actually called but not displayed - will check that one.

Login is by current user - could be a different user everytime so like you say it probably wont show the screen because I am not logged on.

Someone from another forum has suggested that my version of forms is too old to deal with the errors from the verify function and doesnt know how to handle them.

Thx

Re: Change password [message #140929 is a reply to message #140447] Thu, 06 October 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaraC
Ok Ive tried adding message logs into the password form (the form I am trying to call after the timer has expired) I put messages in On-error, WHEN-NEW_FORM_INSTANCE and WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED. None of these are displayed so Im guessing that the form is not even called.

Ive also added a log in WHEN TIMER EXPIRED and no message is displayed. So doesn't look as if the timer is working right either. This is the code for the timer
timer_id := Find_timer('MY_TIMER');
IF NOT ID_NULL(timer_id) then
delete_timer(timer_id);
END IF;

timer_id := CREATE_TIMER('MY_TIMER','1', NO_REPEAT);

this is the code for WHEN_TIMER-EXPIRED

IF(Get_Application_Property(TIMER_NAME)= 'MY_TIMER') THEN
message('sara show change pwd');
message('');
NEW_FORM('password.fmx');
END IF;
Re: Change password [message #141082 is a reply to message #140929] Thu, 06 October 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... what version of forms are you running? Please put the message/pause pairs into your CALLING form to make sure that it is getting to the call_from statement. If your users are ALWAYS entering through this first form, why don't you try using a another window in this form instead of calling a new form?

David
Re: Change password [message #141141 is a reply to message #140447] Fri, 07 October 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaraC
Hi David thanks for the tips I will try those.

Forms version is 6.0.8.12.1.
Re: Change password [message #141166 is a reply to message #140447] Fri, 07 October 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaraC
Have got messages before and after the create timer statement and also a message in the when timer expired trigger.

The messages either side of the create timer just fire one after the other and the message from the timer expired trigger is not fired - I was expecting that the one in the expired trigger should be fired in between the 2 before and after the create timer...
Re: Change password [message #141371 is a reply to message #141166] Sun, 09 October 2005 22:58 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
No ... the timer fires after the issuing trigger has finished. You do have a When-Timer-Expired trigger, right? This timer stuff is VERY well explained in the Forms Reference doco. Go through it again, make sure you have spelled your timer name the same in all places. If it still doesn't work then you will have to paste the trigger code in this thread for us to verify your work.

David
Previous Topic: needed Coding
Next Topic: Oracle Form Host command in Unix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:19:02 CDT 2024