Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » How to implement SQL changes when tuning
How to implement SQL changes when tuning [message #260441] Sun, 19 August 2007 22:09 Go to next message
mson77
Hello ALL,

Let me tell my scenery:
A client computer/application accessing a remote oracle DB server.
I see a report from this application taking too much time to be processed.
Then I started a sql_trace from this application and I am analysing the sql statement.

What I want do now is to implement changes that I did over the sql statements that I have traced and analysed.

But... where should I make changes? I mean... where the original sql statements are? Are they (sql statements) merged inside the application? If yes (merged)... do I have a chance to modify? I have searched for user's functions and procedures in the oracle DB but they are not there.

Thank you,

mson77
Re: How to implement SQL changes when tuning [message #260460 is a reply to message #260441] Mon, 20 August 2007 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
They are either in the application code or in the stored procedure/package inside the database.
But they may be dynamically built.
If so you have to change the generator code.

Regards
Michel
Re: How to implement SQL changes when tuning [message #260462 is a reply to message #260460] Mon, 20 August 2007 01:01 Go to previous message
mson77
Hello Michel,

Thank you for your kind confirmation!
Regards,

mson77
Previous Topic: Currently Executing statement not available in Trace file- Oracle 10g
Next Topic: Time taken to refresh with DBMS_REFRESH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 01:46:57 CDT 2024